MOVED TO LONDON!


I have officially moved to London!!!





So after a twelve hour night flight I landed in London at 7.30 am. We travelled to Greenwich and my first meal was the MOST DELICIOUS FISH AND CHIPS EVER EVER EVER. And you can trust me when I say it was phenomenal cause I usually just LOATHE fish.



    



The love of my life is back in Mauritius. He misses me. He may not look like it but he does miss me. No way he forgot me already.



And today I had the most delicious churos * I think that's what they're called* with the thickest and richest hot chocolate sauce I have ever tasted.




You might be wondering why I'm posting about food when this is a book blog-i'm just trying to make a point. After all that delicious out-of-this-world food, nothing, nothing at all made me drool LIKE THE BOOKSHOP. FEAST YOUR EYES PEEPS.

*Note: for some of you these pics will look super familiar cause you're used to big bookshops so it might not be that big of a deal but for me it was a first and a total dream! Mauritius has bookshops but the YA section is basically one bookshelf with maybe five-six shelves and the books displayed are mostly copies of the same book. We have had the same Cassandra Clare books for YEARS, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Artemis Fowl and a few random E Lockhart books with the occasional Lauren Kate and Twilight. In the past years they've improved with the Lunar Chronicles and last year they started getting SJM and JLA books but that's it. So walking into that huge bookstore and seeing so many shelves dedicated to YA was just spectacular! I was completely dazed and awed!












Now it's my second day and I managed to go and get 3 amazing books at Waterstones which I've been dying to get my hands on! I had such a hard time narrowing it down to 3, there were just so many I wanted to grab it all! And I had the money for more books but I decided to hide my book buying addiction for a little while, hence only 3 books.


I also had the worst time trying to pick and choose which books to take with me to London. I miss my beautiful bookshelf so much!!! I miss staring at my glorious spines and walking between the shelves and just trading my fingers at the beauty that was once before me...



Anyways I managed to get some of my books and that's Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare, which I haven't yet read, my deluxe signed hardback limited edition of Trials of Apollo! the Lux series by Jennifer L Armentrout because I will never ever get tired of them. Ever. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare., the two Magnus chase books-I haven't yet finished the second one- Styxx by Sherrilyn Kenyon I can't wait to start because I absolutely fell in love with Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon! The Dark Days Pact, Geek Girl and Potion Diaries I just had to bring so I can get them signed at YALC!



As for my first London book haul, I got an exclusive Waterstones copy of Lord Of Shadows with the pretty blue edges, Rebel Of The Sands By Alwyn Hamilton and A Darker Shade Of Magic by Victoria Shwab. I'm gonna be meeting Victoria and Alwyn at YALC so it was past time to start reading their books! I'm definitely gonna go back there asap to start getting my YALC books! and the best part? Not only is it around 10 minute walk from where I'm staying but it also has a coffee shop! I didn't get a picture because I didn't want to disturb the people sitting and reading. But migosh I have found my new hangout!!! (I bought the Miniaturist at the Airport back in Mauritius.
































The one thing that's been bothering me though is that my copy of Lord Of Shadows there's the sticker of Waterstones and I'm absolutely terrified of removing it in case it ruins the cover. but I want to get it off, it's getting on my nerves!


At least it has the pretty blue edges :3

That's it for me guys! Hope everyone had a lovely week!!!! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks a million for taking the time to post a comment :)